- For schedule information on meetings for any of these activities, please check the Events page.
- These are an opportunity to meet with others who share common interest. If you are interested, please contact the person whose name appears as the moderator.
- Film watch/discussion group (Marisol Molina)
- A discussion on International Relations (Bob MacDonald / firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Humanism (Herb Henderson / email@example.com)
- Trips to Flag for guitar concerts (Aileen Lee / firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Trips to Phoenix museums (Diane Nadeau / email@example.com)
- Trips to Flagstaff for skiing (Diane Nadeau / firstname.lastname@example.org)
During our Fellowship year--September thru May--we usually meet for our services 4 times per month; we also hold an informal Breakfast Gathering at local restaurants on those occasional Sundays when there is no service. All are welcome for lively conversation and camaraderie. Please check the SUNDAY SERVICE SCHEDULE for the breakfast dates when they are scheduled.
International relations Discussion Group (IRDG)
A special interest group devoted to issues concerning diplomacy and international relations.
We meet to see an interesting and relevant feature film, and discuss.
(Leader to be arranged)
The Humanism Discussion Group
Started within our UU Fellowship has morphed into the Sedona/Verde Valley Secular Freethinkers. We now have 85 members from within and outside of our Fellowship. We are sponsoring a national speaker, Seth Andrews, for a presentation on February 15th. It will be at 1:00 pm and will be held at the Agave of Sedona. The title of his talk is: “Confessions of a Bible Belt Atheist”.
UU History and Identity
Sign up is underway for our next adult program to start Wednesday, February 11. A video coupled with discussion with Rev. Glenn will offer in-depth background and information about who and what we are, our important ancestors and historic events through the 20th century and how these brought us to today's principles and sources. The series is a great introduction for those newer to UU life as well as a refresher for those more grounded in our history and identity.
The series will meet in host homes on Wednesdays, 3:00-5:00 p.m., February 11 and 25, March 11 and 25, and April 8 and 29. With a growing list of names from our most recent Sunday sign-up, the series is filling fast. Contact Barbara Warren at 928-646-7364 or email@example.com for more information and to register.